Our aims and methods
- Save and protect all wildlife, especially rhino and elephant in the areas of our operations.
- Identify the needs of a wildlife area and strategize and implement specific anti-poaching methods in place to secure that area.
- In-house Training and skills development and to equip local men and women to be deployed on the front lines to protect wildlife.
- Survival skills and bush training is provided by our senior team members out in the field. Ongoing briefings and updates in the latest available gear and equipment are paramount. ICORP’s team has several years’ experience in front-line training, bush lore and survival.
- Disrupt the criminal activities of well-equipped poaching syndicate gangs who intimidate and mislead the local communities.
- Enhance the skills and social abilities of our communities and to improve their living conditions and create sustainable economies.
The poaching crisis and the way forward
Out in the field, ICORP comes face to face with the mafia-style poaching syndicates who are actively slaughtering the flagship species of Southern Africa to fuel and fund illegal activities (weapons, drugs and child smuggling…) all over the African continent. These gangs supply Asian markets with Rhino horn to be used as status symbols (rhino horn is ground to a powder and added to drinks in Vietnam, is carved for sought-after heirlooms in Asia and the Middle East) lion body parts and bones, and ivory, all used in traditional medicine. Over 7000 rhinos were poached in South Africa to supply these markets. ICORP aims to stop the slaughter of our natural heritage by becoming a disruptive and deterrent force, working on the front line.
How to help in this crisis
Our CPU Rangers is funded solely through donations and fund-raising
We need funds for a month to month operational needs, food, 8 salaries and fuels. Funding is needed to supply adequate technology: from GPS units, night-vision goggles, thermal imaging and drones to K9 detection, tracker dogs, communications equipment, and more. Each team member is an asset to ICORP, we want him/her to have access to the best equipment so that they can be most effective in the fight to save rhinos and other wildlife.
We have volunteer programs designed to cover conservation and community with a special healing aspect for veterans from all over the world.
COME WITH US ON A JOURNEY OF HOPE…TO ULTIMATELY SAVE THE ICONIC SPECIES OF SOUTHERN AFRICA. WE ARE RELIANT ON THE VOICE AND SUPPORT OF COALITIONS AROUND THE WORLD.
SUPPORT US AND SAVE WILD ANIMALS